Monday, November 9, 2009

Goth Loli in Arkansas?

After doing some research on the Japanese style Gothic Lolita, I decided to try and find out if there was a Goth Loli scene in Arkansas. Pretty much what I had expected was true...no. I could not even find any stores or specialty boutiques that carry any style of Lolita. Many stores carry the Gothic brands, but no Lolita and especially no Goth Loli. If anyone out there knows of any stores in Arkansas that do carry any brands like Baby, The Stars Shine Bright, please let me know. The only way I can see being able to get your hands on anything in this genre is to order it online or sew it yourself. The link I gave in my first Goth Loli posting has some great links to other websites including online stores, Goth Loli lifestyle blogs, and some fun things like recipes for the true lifestylers out there. Trends do seem to hit Arkansas later than the bigger cities like L.A., San Fran, and New York, but make no mistake it will come. This whole subculture of style has me simply enamured and I have enjoyed researching the Goth Loli (as they like to be called) lifestyle. The design of the clothing and the materials that are used are purely rich in taste and frankly the styling is genius. It's a breath of fresh air to some of us who do get bored of seeing the same old things season after season. Don't knock it until you understand it and that takes some time to study its nature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment